Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sundance



Finally, after 6 years of living in Utah we attended the annual Sundance Film Festival (Thanks to the initiative of our good friends Dana and Brendan). We attempted to see a featured movie, but after reading the brief description of the films most seemed as though they would be too inappropriate for our "delicate" taste. Next year we will do more research and find a good documentary to watch.

Mike's mission in Park City was to scout celebrities. He spotted a few news reporters from local stations, and he even said hello to a Prime Time correspondent. I had never heard of him, but once we got home Mike Googled him for me. It seemed as though all the really big stars were already inside the clubs, we were about to give up our hope of seeing a superstar when out of no where Mike shouts "Can I get your picture?" Dana and I whispered "Who's that?" Neither of us recognized the scruffy man in faded tapered jeans. Again Mike asked "Can I get your picture?" This time the man's agent responded with "Yeah, Yeah if you keep walking." Finally after a few steps the man stopped and Mike had his picture taking with a big time celeb. They even patted each other on the back.

Who was this famous man? None other than Matthew Lillard. Okay, okay, so he's not that famous, but he has been in movies such as Scream, She's All That, and Scooby Doo as Shaggy.

We thoroughly enjoyed our Sundance excursion. We look forward to going next season!

2 comments:

Amy Rae said...

I totally want in on the Sundanc-ing next year! :)

PACHECOFAMILY said...

Sounds like it was fun and a chance to experience a little of Hollywood.