Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nursery

We painted the nursery last weekend. It's a bright blue/aqua color. It matches the background color of the rocker we re-covered.

Today we bought a crib. Having furniture in the room makes the whole thing seem that much more real. We haven't decided what theme/decorations we want to do in the kiddo's room yet. We want the room to be very modern; with clean lines and bright colors. We are thinking of putting up a super cool wall sticker as our art.

Babies need A LOT of stuff! We still need to get a changing table, and storage for all his clothes and gear. Not to mention clothes, diapers, a stroller, a car seat, and all the other things baby's seem to need. Not that I'm complaining...I love to shop!

Luckily we still have 18 weeks to turn this tiny room into the perfect nursery.

7 comments:

Brendan, Dana, Hazel, Hattie, and Niels said...

Babies do need a lot of stuff, but I'm sure you'll enjoy shopping for all of it. Your crib looks nice in the room, and knowing how hip and cute you are the nursery will look great when it is all done.

Joe said...

I love your nursery! It looks so good. That wall color is my favorite. I am glad to see that you guys got a digital camera. Don't worry about all the baby stuff...You'll find everything you need, and then some (remember Grant's room?)

Wendle said...

Your nursery looks great already! I can't wait to see more pictures with all the little details added. Oh, and congrats on the little boy! So exciting!!

Jessica and Bryant said...

Love it! When are you going to invite me over?

The Collett's said...

You guys did good on picking the colors. They're perfect!!!!!

The Collett's said...

I like the color you chose. Awesome chair. It will get used a lot when the little one isn't in a mood to go to sleep!!!!

Pablo, Syd and Charlotte said...

What a cute nursery! and you are getting so close to being done! Yay! Hey. I wanted to invite you to my baby shower but i didn´t have your address or number, so here´s the info: it´s saturday the 17th at 12:30 at my parents house in Draper. Let me know if you can come so i can get you directions. I know its kinda late notice though so don´t feel bad if you can´t make it. I hope everything is going well for you guys. Just two more months! Hang in there!!