I have been trying to start getting Sawyer on a regular schedule, and develop good habits, so when I go back to work it is a smooth transition. Sawyer is generally a GREAT baby, the only thing is that he will only sleep soundly when being held. The problem is I don't mind holding him. I love taking naps with the little guy, but I know when I go back to work he needs to able to sleep soundly without me. I can get him to fall fast asleep holding him, but when I place him in his crib he wakes up. We have been practicing for the last few days taking naps in his cribs. I'm not a fan of "crying it out" so when he wakes up, I get him. It was a slow process with naps only lasting 15 minutes at a time. But today he finally did it. A solid 2+ hour nap in his crib!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Nap Time
I have been trying to start getting Sawyer on a regular schedule, and develop good habits, so when I go back to work it is a smooth transition. Sawyer is generally a GREAT baby, the only thing is that he will only sleep soundly when being held. The problem is I don't mind holding him. I love taking naps with the little guy, but I know when I go back to work he needs to able to sleep soundly without me. I can get him to fall fast asleep holding him, but when I place him in his crib he wakes up. We have been practicing for the last few days taking naps in his cribs. I'm not a fan of "crying it out" so when he wakes up, I get him. It was a slow process with naps only lasting 15 minutes at a time. But today he finally did it. A solid 2+ hour nap in his crib!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
schedules are the best!!! You will be so happy you did so. I have had bostyn on a schedule since she was a newborn and we still stick with it. naps everyday, dinners, baths, bedtimes.... she knows what to expect and its great!
Post a Comment