Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sawyer's Intuition

The last couple months we have been working with Sawyer on the concept of boys and girls. He knows mom is a girl, grandma is a girl, and papa and grandpa are boys. He also knows that he is a boy. He is great at identifying all the characters in his books and shows as boys and girls. So I am confident that he has this skill mastered. For the last month or so I have been asking him if the baby in mama's tummy is a boy or a girl. EVERY time he answers "girl." It didn't matter who asked him, he would tell them that the new baby is a girl.

Today I had my 20 week ultrasound and gender check. When the technician asked him if the baby was a boy or girl, of course he said girl. And guess what Sawyer was right! We are having a GIRL. We are so excited to welcome this new sweet spirit into our home. I'm excited for Sawyer to be a big brother. It is such a happy time in our lives.

8 comments:

David and Haylee Skaggs said...

Congrats you guys!! Girls are so fun!!

Brendan, Dana, Hazel, Hattie, and Niels said...

Yea! How exciting! Girls are so much fun.

Andon, Katie, and Camilla said...

A girl!!!! They are so much fun! Oh, congrats!!!

Unknown said...

We're so excited for. I'm sure you are looking forward to all the cute things you get to buy!

cassidy Merrill said...

Whoo hoo! You will love girls! So much fun!! Hope you are doing well!

Jess said...

Wow, what a sweet little memory to capture for Sawyer and the new sister! :) He'll surely be a sweet big brother!! :) High Five from CA lady!! YAYYY!!!!

Blevins said...

Congrats on another new little one! Your lil man is so adorable and you look amazing in all your blogs and photos.
Is that modern mormon mom blog yours as well. Super cute!! Looks like you guys are doing amazing ! :) Loved being able to see all of your blogs! <3
Havent seen you in so long . You have such an amazing blessed life like you deserve :)

Take Care..
Karrin

ps.. we are prego as well.. about 24 weeks due in June.. Not finding out on #3 although maybe I should meet your lil man so he could give me a hint :)

Blevins said...

Wow COngrats! Your lil man looks so adorable and you look amazing Tab!
I loved being able to read up on your lil family and how awesome everything is going!
Is that modern mormon mom blog yours as well? Its super cute love it!
Looks like life is full of blessings and great!

Glad to see :)

Take Care, Karrin

Ps. We are prego #3 , Due in June .. not finding out tho.. although maybe I should meet your lil man so he can give me a hint! :)