Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kids are funny

Everyone says I should be writing down the funny things my kids say, and it is true. I am already starting to forget. So here are some of the recent funny things Sawyer has said:

Sawyer was playing with his toy cell phone-
Me: who are you talking to?
Sawyer: Uncle Aaron.
Me: What is he saying?
Sawyer: He says he is coming over to play with me, but first he has to go to WalMart and pick out an outfit.


We were driving in the car-
Sawyer: where are we going?
Me: to Costco to get groceries
Sawyer: Are you kidding me?


Sawyer was picking on Sienna so we were having a talk about what it means to be a good brother-
Me: am I good mom?
Sawyer: you're okay.
Me: what can I do better?
Sawyer: you can get me a brother


Sawyer was having a meltdown because I wasn't doing what he wanted, so he decided to put me in timeout-
Sawyer: mom you need to go to time out
Me: okay (and I went to our time out spot)
Sawyer: (shut the door) mom you can come out when you are sitting down with your arms folded
Me: okay
Sawyer: are you ready to talk about it? (sits down next to me so we can talk about).
I guess he knows the time out routine.


I like to give Sawyer choices to help him feel he has some control over his life. Lately, he has been giving me choices.
Sawyer: Mom-here are your choices. You can go get me my snack now, or you can do it in 5 more minutes.
Me: I choose 5 more minutes
Sawyer: that's not a very good choice. You can choose the right by getting my snack right now.


Sawyer was kissing Sienna and then she started crying.
Me: Sawyer why is sister crying?
Sawyer: I bit her.
Me: Why did you do that?
Sawyer: I wanted to hurt her.
At least he is honest.


I had just finished getting Sawyer dressed to go and I was putting Sienna in her car seat. When I turned around Sawyer had his pants off.
Me: Sawyer, where are your pants?
Sawyer: It's a long story mom.

4 comments:

Prilla said...

Very funny! These kids say some funny stuff!

Jess said...

awesome! I love kid quotes! Keep em comin'... they'll be hilarious for him to read when he's 18. :)

tblanch said...

Those are funny. :)
So I just realized other than pinterest, I think this is the only way I have to contact you. Lame. We should do something about that.
We are expecting. We're due in August. :)

Janice Bishop said...

Oh my...what a funny kid! Gotta love him.