Friday, June 8, 2012

Another One of Those Perfect Summer Weekends

I love the long days and warm weather. The sunshine seems to bring friends together. Last weekend we did so many fun things. On Thursday, our friends the Eaton's grilled us a delicious dinner at their place.

On Friday, Sawyer and I spent the day at Seven Peaks with his best buddy, Ryder, and his mom. It is so funny to watch them interact. I wonder what they talk about when they are playing together. It's interesting that most adults struggle to understand every word of their toddler speech, but they seem to understand each other perfectly. Ryder lives right across the street. So, him and Sawyer get to play outside together almost everyday.

Saturday, we went to Hazel's 3rd birthday party. It was a blast. The Rowland's really know how to throw a party. It was decorated beautifully. It could have been a scene from a magazine. They had a bounce house for the kids and delicious refreshments. Sawyer's favorite activity was the macaroni art station. I've never seen him sit so still for so long. He enjoyed gluing the noodles to the paper.
 After the party we went on a short hike with our neighbors the Taylor's. Just outside of Payson, is the Grotto Trail which goes to a small waterfall and cove. The hike was relatively short and easy. Perfect for a toddler. Sawyer loves being outside, so running through the forest was a dream come true.
 We have the greatest friends, live in an awesome neighborhood, and enjoy all the things to do in our area. Only a couple more weekends before Sawyer's sister will be joining us on our family outings!

1 comment:

Brendan, Dana, Hazel, Hattie, and Niels said...

The waterfall and hike sounded fun! Sorry we couldn't meet up at Seven Peaks today, but I would love to next week. I love the picture of Sawyer holding his friend's hand. So cute!