Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Kids can Swim
My summer plan is to go to the pool everyday! I am nervous about having to watch two kids in the water, so for a little peace of mind I signed Sawyer up for swim lessons. Best decision ever. He is taking lessons from Pam Young in Orem. She teaches survival skills such as floating on your back, and swimming to the wall. They are intense 1-1 lessons. The lessons are 4 days a week for 3 weeks. The first few days there were tears and resistance, by day 4 he was calm, and by day 5 he LOVED them. Seriously, he wakes up in the morning and wants to get dressed in his swimsuit. He begs all day for me to take him to lessons. On day 5 when I was driving him to lessons he said "I'm not going to cry today mom, I'm a brave boy." I asked him how he got so brave. He said "I said a prayer and said dear Heavenly Father help me not be scared, and now I'm a brave boy." He melts my heart. His confidence has sky rocketed. He tells me everyday that he is so proud and brave. He floats on his back by himself now and can swim to the edge when he jumps in. His favorite thing to do is to dive for the rings. He says he wants to go to swim lessons forever, so I may have to sign him up for round 2 after his 3 weeks are up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-1%5B1%5D.jpg)
3 comments:
I need more info on these lessons. Sounds like something both my kids need.
Dana- call Pam. Her number is 801-225-5753. There is a waiting list, so call now :)
How wonderful! You are a good mom. And he IS a brave boy!
Post a Comment