Thursday, May 31, 2012

36 Weeks

Well I'm in the homestretch now! And I'm happy to report that things are as boring as ever. This little girl has been so easy and I am incredibly thankful. My mid-wife said things are so normal I could come for my next appointment in 1 week or 2. I opted to wait 2 more weeks, maybe by then there will be something to report. I have been attending HypnoBirthing classes the past few Saturdays and still have a few sessions left. The name can be off-setting to some people. I think a better name would be relaxed birthing. I love it. I feel totally prepared to birth this baby and have no fear or anxiety about the big day. I am just excited!

I am in MAJOR nesting mode. I have been cleaning out every cabinet and closet in the house. We ripped up our whole backyard and planted a garden. There are still a few more projects I want to tackle before baby's birthday.
I hung these shelves all by myself. I feel very accomplished. These are in the storage closet under our stairs. I still want to hang a few more on the section that slants down so I have more room for food storage.
I bought storage bins for all of Sawyer's toys and labeled them with laminated cards with words and pictures. It looks so nice, and I love not having Sawyer's toys just stacked on the floor in the closet or cluttering the front room.
Our neighbors were re-doing their yard so they gave us one of their planter boxes. Another neighbor lent us a book on square-foot gardening and gave me some great tips. I still want to get some rocks to put around the box to give it a more finished look. We also planted spinach and squash on the other side of our yard under the bay window.

I love summer. The warm weather just puts me in a good mood and Sawyer is so happy to play outside all day.

2 comments:

HaleyandGabe said...

I cant wait to see her!!!

Janice Bishop said...

Glad you finally got your shelves put up...even if you did have to do it yourself. How handy you are. The look great.